Saturday, January 9, 2016

SMAK Saturday - Feel the Fear

Hello happy stampers and welcome to the weekend! This is Rachel kicking off your crafty Saturday with a fun mixed media tag tutorial.


Here's how I created and I hope you spend some time today making one for yourself!


I started by placing Distress Inks directly onto my craft mat, spritzing with water, and then placing my manila tag on top of all the yummy ink. For this tag I used Distress Inks Twisted Citron, Picked Raspberries, Peacock Feathers, and Mermaid Lagoon.


Next I placed a stencil on top and went over it with Translucent Modeling Paste. It dries clear but still keeps a lot of texture.... when the background is so pretty, it's hard to cover it up! So clear is good :)


Once the paste dried I stamped the music notes from SMAK December 2015 - Deserve Beautiful. I used permanent Archival Ink so it won't rub off of the glossy paste.


Next I used this gorgeous heart image also from the December 2015 SMAK. I stamped and heat embossed the image with black glitter embossing powder.


On a separate tag, I inked it up and stamped the quote from the SMAK December 2015, "Feel the Fear and do it anyway". I will cut up each word to add to my tag later.


For my focal image I inked up this bird from the April 2015 SMAK - Leave Ordinary Behind. Then I ran a glue stick around the edges and rubbed foil over it. I also added a thick layer of crackle paste over the bird and let it dry for a couple hours.


Ta-Da!


The SMAK stamps are so great to have in your collection. I love mixing and matching my kits, new and old, they're all good!

For just $25.99 a month you will be guaranteed the exclusive kits that contain a FULL 8 x 11 sheet of red rubber stamps! You will NOT be disappointed!! Sign up for your SMAK membership today!

12 comments:

JFowler said...

This is beautiful!

Wanda Reynolds said...

This is a very beautiful tag! Inspiring words adds to the beauty. Fantastic inspiration

Gloria said...

Great tag! I love the color combo.

tiffelijah said...

Beautiful!!!!!

tiffelijah said...

Beautiful!!!!!

Amber Sheaves said...

Rachel, this is gorgeous!

WhoMom said...

Love the bird with silver wing tips on the bird and the lovely watercolors.

jules said...

Beautiful!

Cynthia said...

Fun mixed media tag, Rachel.

Papercrafting Princess said...

Love the textures! Beautiful

Cheryl Wolf said...

This looks fun thanks! Wow so Beautiful!

Team Clark said...

This is so very cool! I would love to see more mixed media projects from Unity! This is great!

Post a Comment

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required
Close