Tuesday, June 23, 2015

I am Me Art Journal + Picks of the Week

Hello stampers! It's Rachel on the blog today sharing a colorful art journal page I created with some of my favorite Unity stamps. 


I started with a page that I had mostly completed a couple months ago. I wanted the fun patterns to show, but not be overwhelming. I stamped this little scene which uses stamps with a lot of white space inside. This will help let the art journal patterns show through later.


I used the stamps "Spring Flower Chick", "Create Your Day",  and "Could I be Any Cuter?". I also picked stamped that had a very doodle look to them to keep the page cohesive.


Now the fun part... covering it all up! I painted the rest of the page a light blue and added some white streaks as well. The paint layer is very thin so images from the original journal page still show through. 


I finished off the page by writing I AM ME in block letters. 

never forget it!


Time for my picks of the week! I found these two projects from the Unity Show and Tell Facebook group (make sure you join if you haven't already!).


This altered jar by Mandi is so darling! It's a great reminder that Unity Stamps can be used on all different types of materials and projects! The sentiment on her jar also echos the sentiment I used in my journal page. You are Enough.


This sweet page was created by Stacy. I always love seeing how other people use the same stamps in such a different way! Stacy actually altered the arms of the girl so she's playing a flute (in my journal page, the same girl stamp is holding flowers). Such a creative way to stamp!

That's it from me! Wishing you a creative week and officially Happy Summer!





2 comments:

Denise Key said...

Rachel your art journal page is so pretty! Bright and cheerful!! thanks for the inspiration

heidiscoll said...

Looks so happy. Great inspiration. Really need to make more of my own journal pages. :)

Post a Comment

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required
Close