Mint and Gold Art Journal Page

Welcome to an Inspiration Wednesday art journal spread by me, Rachel! Today I need to talk about color. Do you have a favorite color combo that you just can't stop using? You constantly reach for the same ink pad over and over again? For me, this is MINT and GOLD. I just. can't. stop. minting. and. golding. EVERYTHING.



I found a simple tag in my stash that was mint color with gold polka dots. That little tag (attached in the spine of my journal) ended up being the inspiration for this page.

I also gave myself a personal challenge - to keep white space in the layout. I never EVER leave white space in an art journal, but I absolutely love how it turned out.


The gorgeous bird stamp is from the April 2015 SMAK kit. I inked it up with grey and black Distress Inks, misted the stamp with water, then applied the stamp to the page. I then used a water brush to pull in some of the Distress Ink for more shading.


I used a quote from the same April 2015 SMAK kit, it reads "May life become all that you want it to be".


Here's a close up of some of the background. I started the page by dripping some teal spray mists and Gelatos from the top to the bottom. I used a few stencils from The Crafter's Workshop, including "Dash Circle Dash" (the silver circles), "Time Travel" (the teal clocks), and "The Story" (the large gold in the center).


I also used some smaller birds throughout my page from the LOL "Dream a Little Bigger" kit. 


Here is the tag that inspired the whole layout! I stamped some leaves in gold, using an image from the April 2015 KOTM.


The flip side of the tag.


What is your favorite color combo? I hope you embrace it and create something that speaks to you! If you do, please share your projects with us at the Unity Show and Tell Facebook page :)

Thanks for joining me :)

Rachel Kleinman
blog / youtube / instagram


Labels: , , , ,