Monday, March 30, 2015

Make a wish - and Happy Birthday!

Good morning! Heather here from Houses Built of Cards - back again with my final guest designer post! It has been such a fun month for me - thank you so much for stopping by each week, and for the sweet comments you left me!

Today I'm sharing a couple cards I made using the "smooshing" technique! I basically used a few different ink colors, smooshed them on my nonstick mat, misted with water, swirled together a bit with my fingers to smooth the edges, then smooshed my cardstock in there and allowed to dry before adding my images and sentiments.


This first one, I used a soft color combo, then used Plenty of Pandas to add my image and sentiment. Oh how I love these sweet pandas! 


I added some pattern paper layers stitched together, some Glossy Accents and glitter, and a few sequins.


Next up - I went with a much bolder color combo:


I used this fun set that I just love, Far Better Things Ahead Grab Bag - LOVE the variety in this set!


Finished off by drawing a string in with a black pen, added a few wood veneer stars, and covered the balloon with Glossy Accents. Let me just tell you - that took FOREVER to dry! :)


Thanks so much for stopping by to see me today! Hope you have a WONDERFUL day!


11 comments:

Linda said...

Very beautiful and creative.

Lisa Arana said...

Heather, you did such an AMAZING job all month long!!! It has been such a pleasure having you guest this month!!! THANK YOU for sharing your beautiful talent with us.

Janis Lewis said...

I love your smooshed background technique! Great cards.

Donna K said...

Beautiful work every single time Heather!!! Great month of Unity shares!!!

Shilo Miles said...

just in love with that panda card!!! so freakin cute!!

Kris said...

Heather, you've been awesome as the Unity guest designer this month. All of your cards featuring cool and fun techniques have been fabulous. I tried to pick a favorite, but love them all.

Cynthia said...

Wow, I really like the effect of this technique. Will have to give this a try! Both designs are fabulous, Heather. Thanks for sharing with us this month!

Angeline Choo said...

So wonderful to have you guest designing with us Heather. All your cards were just fabulous !

Jen Rey said...

Love these cards! I love the Panda set - I have it and love it! :)

Shemaine Smith said...

Fantastic girl! What an amazing job you did as our Guest Designer!!!

Camille Robinson said...

ALL of your submissions were completely outstanding and I was inspired by your talent (I usually am). LOVE your style, Heather!

Post a Comment

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required
Close