Design Team Tuesday with Shilo



Hi everyone!
Shilo here today with Design Team Tuesday!!

I love Design Team Tuesday's for three big reasons...

Reason #1:
I get to share a project that caught my eye using Unity stamps.

And well, as soon as I saw these cards I knew I wanted to show them off!
Paula shared these adorable cards on the Facebook UNITY{show & tell} page...
I am loving her color combo on these cards. I also love how she stamped the inside of her cards too.....
very precious!


Thanks Paula for sharing your beautiful creations with us!


Reason #2:
 I get to create something from ANY of my Unity stamps.

Of course, I can do this any time, but often, as part of the design team,  we are busy creating with the new releases. So this is a fun chance to dig through my stash and play!!

I have had this itty bitty floating around my desk for sometime now waiting to be inked up:

{saying good-bye is so hard}

 I really love this quote. Oh Winnie the Pooh - he's just so wise.

When thinking about the card I wanted to create with this quote, I really wanted to do a watercolor background with the quote embossed in gold.
After a few tries, I ended up embossing my quote onto vellum and then layering overtop of my watercolored background...the gold just did not stand out enough from my background otherwise. Although I did put the watercolors on rather saturated this time around, so perhaps if I had used a lighter hand the quote would have been more prominent?
Anyways, once I figured out how to get the look I wanted for the quote the rest of the card came together super fast. It's actually a very simple design but I really love how effective it is.



And can we all just say "AMEN" for gold vellum!! I am loving this trend!

Reason #3:
I get to leave you all with a quote.

I have so many quotes on pinterest that its actually quite challenging for me to pick just one! I find quotes really help to inspire me, or to change my mood, or give me another perspective on life, love, relationships, fitness, or they just make me laugh.
The power of words, eh?

So this is the quote I shall share with you today:


I love this. So much truth.

Well...I hope you feel inspired today and everyday!
Spend some time creating for yourself - even in and among all the "busy" of the season!

Happy Tuesday everyone!
~Shilo



Labels: , ,