DT Tuesday with Faber-Castell & Pick of the Week!

Hello Everyone!  It's Kary here with DT Tuesday and the second day of the Unity Stamp and Faber-Castell co-hop!



I have to confess I'm not very much a mixed media crafter, but I really, really enjoyed putting this card together and playing with some awesome Faber-Castell products.


I love the wonderful effect of the tag - wish you can see it in real life.  Here's how I created the tag and assembled the card...

Step 1 - apply a thin layer of Gesso on the tag

Step 2 - apply some Gelatos on the tag (I used Metallic Mint and Metallic Blueberry)

Step 3 - use your finger dipped into water and spread the colors & heat set it

 Step 4 - place a stencil over the tag and spread a thin layer of embossing paste

Step 5 - lift the stencil and let the paste dry for about 1 hour


The tag is now ready to be used.  I stamped the gorgeous flower using different Memento inks (Memento Love Letter, Bamboo Leaves and Rich Cocoa), added some coloring with Copic Markers (YR07, YR04, YR02, YR00, YG21, YG03, YG17) and cut it as shown above.

The sentiment piece was created with Gelato Metallic Melon and Blueberry and the sentiment was stamped with India Ink.

Here's the close up - I love the metallic gelatos, they look awesome in real life, so shimmery and vibrant.


Here is the stamp set I used - the September Layers of Life kit - Delicate Delight.

DELICATE-DELIGHT


And, now the the pick of the week - here is the project that blew me away... from Dawn


I absolutely love the colours and texture on her project.  Check out her blog for instructions on how she created this beautiful project.

Wishing you a wonderful day!!

Quote of the day - “If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, will answer you: I am here to live out loud.” - Émile Zola


Labels: , ,