DT tuesday & pick of the week

Hello my FABULOUS friends, and happy Tuesday!
I hope you had a wonderful weekend!

Lately, I've been drooling over the CUTE unity shirts that have recently been added to the Unity site… (check it out HERE) and since I don't have one *YET*, I figured why not breathe new life into an old shirt with a little Unity of my own?

Did you know that you DON'T have to buy a whole bunch of fancy fabric paint to paint fabric? Check this out!
It's a clear textile medium that you mix in with the acrylic paint you already have sitting around your studio, and BOOM! You got fabric paint! SWEET!  You can find this with the bottles of cheap acrylic paint at stores like JoAnn or Michaels. Or you can check it out HERE. There are a bunch of different brands that sell this stuff, so see what you can find!

Now on to the fun stuff!

Step 1: Following the directions on the bottle, mix your paint and textile medium. (this brand is a 2 parts paint to 1 part medium ratio)

Step 2: Ink up your stamp with the paint mixture… 
I'm using a BRAND NEW stamp from this month's Layers of Life kit… check it out HERE

Step 3: Stamp onto your fabric. I like to tape my fabric down to a piece of cardboard to help keep it in place and taunt.

*If you find that parts of the image didn't stamp well, you can use a small paint brush to fill in the gaps… personally I like the grungy, worn look, so I left it imperfect. 

Step 4: Allow to air dry following directions on the textile medium bottle… for me that was 24 hours.

Step 5: Heat set with an iron.

Now, we could totally leave it there… but, as I was told the other day "You are artistic, you like pretty things" Why, yes, yes I do. I like pretty things that have just the right amount of glitz, without being too flashy… 

SO…

Step 6: a few strategically place rhinestones…

(yeah, I'm no model… but I had to see what it looked like on!)

Now… what other shirts do I have that need a little jazzing up? (this could get dangerous! LOL!)

One thing we like to do here at Unity, is share the work of others that inspires us...
I am CONSTANTLY amazed at all the INCREDIBLE talent I see over at the Unity {show and tell} FB group. Here's a recent one from Kathy Montgomery


(uses: Andie Girl and Empowered Words)
Isn't that BEAUTIFUL?  I love the white doodles, and ADORE the cheesecloth! You can check out all the fabulous details on her BLOG

We would LOVE to see YOUR work (no matter what level you think you are at)! It's all so inspiring, and it is such an amazing and supportive community! I'm so grateful I'm a part of it!

Remember:
"No matter what they tell you, you don't have to stay within the lines." =)


Labels: , , , ,