Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Inspiration Wednesday: Distress Emboss Resist

Happy Wednesday everybody! 

It's Inspiration Wednesday and believe me when I say this - I was fresh out of inspirations.  *gulp* Sometimes, I do run out of ideas and although I sat there for hours - nothing just comes to mind! Have you experienced that before?

Eventually I did have an inspiration (*thankfully*!) and made this card using the SMAK 05/14 "Day Dreaming" and the "Birthday Jubilee" kit.



For this card, I made a step-by-step video for you using the "Distress Emboss Resist" technique. Feel free to watch - leave me a comment or Subscribe if you like it :)



My inspiration came from this beautiful poster with this awesome quote. 
Aren't those pretty gradient pinky clouds so pretty?


Have a beautiful week ahead and craft on! :)


8 comments:

Terri Burson said...

Angeline, I'm sorry that you struggled with an idea but let me tell you....this project you posted was meant for me!! I've got all the tools for this technique but I haven't tried it yet. Thanks for making it look so easy! I'm definately going to give it a try, although I do believe my Versamark needs replacing first...Thanks for the great card and video!! Loved it.

Carmen Whitehead said...

Wonderful card! I don't have any embossing powder, but definitely getting it on my next supply haul. Thanks for the inspiration!

Angeline Choo said...

So glad this has been inspirational for you :) thanks for being so kind .. Do show me a pix when you've tried the technique ;) happy crafting

Angeline Choo said...

My pleasure Carmen. Have fun ;)

cal8007 said...

Thanks so much for showing the difference between the round and the square inking thingy (I forgot what they're callled, sorry). I think we can use them both for different looks - Love the finished card!!

Angeline Choo said...

Glad that was informational for you ;)

Lagene said...

Love your card, and the inspirational poster!

Angeline Choo said...

Thanks Lagene :)

Post a Comment

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required
Close