Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Inspiration Wednesday!

Hello there!  It's Danielle here today sharing my inspiration project.

I was flipping through some cardmaking magazines recently, pondering what to make for my inspiration post, when I came across a gorgeous Unity feature by Australian cardmaker Edna Morrisedie.


as seen in


Not only did she use some of my favourite Phyllis Harris stamps, but also a technique that 
I've been meaning to try - colouring an image over a text page.  

Edna's beautiful cards are coloured over some dictionary pages.  
I didn't have any pages like that, so I decided to try colouring directly onto some 
MME patterned paper with my Prismacolor pencils. 



It's a subtle effect, but I love it!  I'll definitely have a go at this technique again!



So, I hope I inspired YOU today, like I was inspired by Edna Morrisedie!



9 comments:

CreationsByKT said...

Beautiful! Great job! And I love the stamp over text! I am going to have to give that a try! :)

marilyn said...

LOVE this. Definitely will have to try.

KC Inspired said...

Not only is Edna's cards inspiring-but Danielle always inspires me with her coloring skills.
I love pencils a lot more than markers.
On most blogs I'm in the minority. So I think she's truly wonderful!
I LOVE pHyllis Harris stamps too!

Chitra Nair said...

AAAwwwwwwwwwwwwwww so so so beautiful..both your card and the cards from where you took the inspiration are so pretty..
Love all the stamps from Phyllis Harris..

Gwen said...

Love all of these! Great inspiration to use with the PH stamps! Going to try coloringthat them with pencils!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Beautiful!

Billie A said...

Stunning what a great image and sentiment and the coloring is awesome. So stunning.

Cynthia said...

Gor-Geous! These are fabulous cards using P. Harris' designs. Danielle, your coloring is fabulous! Thanks for the inspiration.

Phyllis Harris said...

Another fantastic coloring job!! Thanks for using my stamp designs and making them look amazing Danielle! :)

Post a Comment

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required
Close