September Guest Designer- Erika Taylor

Hello everyone and Happy Monday!!!! Erika Taylor here again today for another Guest Designer post with Unity. Have i told you all how much I love Unity? Some of the best stamp images out there, come from this amazing company and today I've got a few to share with you.

I am a HUGE fan of Halloween and with the spooky holiday roughly 7 weeks away, I'm starting to get those costumes ready for this season. What better way to get some inspiration, than scrapping a Halloween layout.

For this layout I used the Beautiful Disaster stamp and the Artistic Brick stamp to create texture and whimsy. The paper was originally a coral color and I stamped it with embossing ink. I used some clear embossing powder from Wow Embossing Powders and then spritzed the entire coral card stock sheet with Black Marble Dylusions Spray. I guess instead of a white space layout, I've got a ominous black space layout lol.

Here are a few close up shots of the layout. The first one is a close up of the Beautiful Disaster butterfly stamp. I love all of the stamps by Marah Johnson. I think I need every single one!!!


 This next photo shows the Artistic Brick Stamp. To give it even more distressing, I took a sand block and sanded off some of the embossing powder.


Lastly, I wanted to show what using a stencil and molding paste over a doily looks like. This worked perfectly for this Haunting Layout. LOVE IT!!!


And now for the full layout. Full of spooky colors and textures...


I think I'm going to use that wonderful Artistic Brick stamp a whole bunch on my mixed media projects. I love the size and the image is STUNNING!!!

Thank you so much for stopping by the Unity blog today. Please leave me a comment and let me know what your favorite childhood costume for Halloween was. If you don't celebrate Halloween, What is your favorite candy? Until next week

Toodles
http://taylordconcepts.blogspot.ca/Erika Taylor
{Ippity} {Ippity}

Labels: , , , , , , ,