Monday, July 30, 2012

Stretching your Susan Weckesser banner stamps

Hello Unity friends!  Jen Roach here and we're continuing today with the Helmar/Susan Weckesser blog hop.  You can find more details at the bottom of the post on how you can WIN some great prizes :)

For my card I used the amazing new Susan Weckesser banner set and turned them into little Christmas trees.  Pretty neat huh?---I always like figuring out how I get more use out of my stamps!  I stamped the images onto some patterned papers, cut them out and added some Stickles for bling.  I cut a few strips of brown scrap paper for the trunks.

I used an embossing folder to add more texture to my background and kept with the whimsical look by adding a button star and some baker's twine.


{click here to see ALL of the Susan Weckesser kits}


be sure to check out the helmar blog & facebook page...
AND
don't forget to
LEAVE A COMMENT HERE
on the unity blog for your chance to win a
Susan Weckesser/Unity Stamp KIT!!!
Supplies:
Stamps:  Susan Weckesser Celebration of Simple banner set from Unity Stamp Co.
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Papers:  Recollections
Accessories:  Stickles, button, Devine Twine, MFT Dienamics scalloped die


{Ippity} {Ippity}

37 comments:

Michelle said...

These are awesome trees!!! So many great ideas for these banner stamps! TFS!!

JPScraps said...

That banner trees are a terrific idea!! Love it!

Crystal said...

Your card is SO adorable!!! I love your creative thinking!

Holly Saveur said...

LOVE it!So cheerful!

kdgowdy said...

This is an adorable card!

jengd said...

Cute idea! I received this set a few days ago and haven't had a chance to ink it yet. Love these great ideas for it.

Pam said...

The banners look great as Christmas trees! Loving all the sparkle you added to them!!

Angel said...

This is genius !! More pls?

Miriam Prantner said...

So clever! These are great trees and I love all the sparkle!

Judy said...

What a great imagination! I love getting more uses out of my stamps too. Love the glitter.

StampinCathy said...

Love the stamps! I just love all the fun things you can do with this set!

jennifer mitten said...

Jen, what a beautiful idea!!! I love this card!!!!

Jessica S said...

Jen, you are so clever...love the banner trees! Great addition of glitter and love the whimsical buttons, too!
:O)
Jessica S

Debbie said...

I love this card...been toying with the idea of buying that stamp...believe you just nudged me over the resistance line! Thanks ....I think!

Raven said...

Great card...and idea. Thanks for sharing.

Shellye McDaniel said...

This is PURELY GENIUS! I may make my Christmas cards with this idea!

jackie 4124 said...

Super smart idea!

Gwen said...

So, so, so adorable! What a great idea! Your card is all around great!!

mlady012 said...

Great idea!! I love the glitter also!

Ruby said...

Very creative idea with these stamps. These banner stamps are on my wish list.

marilyn said...

Fabulous idea. I don't have these banner stamps, but I think I have every other banner stamp Unity makes. Now I know to use them for Christmas trees too!

Julie said...

Love that card, so pretty. TFS and inspiring.

Scrapper Myra said...

Amazing card. Clever! Brilliant! Love it.

Margie said...

Lovely card! I love the embossing!

Emily H said...

This is adorable! Thanks for the idea!

Marylou said...

Love those trees! Great idea. Thanks for sharing.

Karenladd said...

Awesome tip for using the banner stamps! Always looking for new way to use my supplies!

Carol said...

Adorable project!! Love it!

Carol B
ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

Marlena M. said...

Darling trees!

Melinda AKA medialady said...

Wow! What an awesome idea! I love this card!

SHartl said...

Oh, I already love banner stamps but this makes me love them even more! Great holiday card idea!

Julie Odil said...

Oh my, these trees are just adorable! Very, very clever.

KellyCreates said...

Brilliant idea! Very creative :)

Haf2scrap said...

That is so darn cute!!! I NEED those stamps!

Denise Bryant said...

Darling card! I love this idea for using the banner stamps! Very fun!
DeniseB

Keena said...

I love how you did this!! So very cute!!

Mary-Anne V said...

great idea to turn the banners into trees.

Post a Comment

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required
Close