Introducing July's Guest Designer---Jennifer Roach

Hello Unity Friends!  Jennifer Roach here and I'm THRILLED to be the guest designer for Unity Stamp Co. this month!!

For those of you who don't know me, I live in Ontario, Canada with my husband and almost three (as she says LOL!) year old daughter.  I'm a scientist by day and a crafter by night!  I've been a long time fan of Unity Stamps and I'm excited to share some inspiring projects with you this month.

I'm a totally random kind of scrapper --- I just scrap whatever inspires in what ever order I feel like.  So today I have a Halloween layout to share with you that I created using Samantha Walker's Halloween Traditions set, the May Kit of the Month and the Simple Stories year.o.graphy Oct. stamp.  Last weekend I bought a "grab bag" of Fancy Pants papers from a local discount store and as soon as I looked at the Halloween papers I knew exactly what I wanted to do. 


I used the polaroid frame from the May Kit of the Month to frame my photos.  (I cropped my photos in Photoshop to fit into the frames).  What I love about these frames is that you can customize them anyway you want with some stamps on the bottom.  Here I used a "trick or treat" sentiment" and some pumpkins from the Samantha Walker set.  I matted them onto some striped paper to blend them a bit better with the background paper.  I hope you like those polaid frame stamps as much as me because you'll very probably see another layout with them this month LOL!


For the bottom corner of the layout I created my own accents using some more stamps on some orange patterned paper.  I stamped the spider web background onto the orange paper and cut them into flags and matted on black cardstock.  Then I also stamped the journalling box onto the same paper, cut out and added the date stamp.  Believe it or not this layout only uses TWO sheets of paper...one of which is the background!  As you can see you can do a lot using your stamps and limited patterned papers!

Looking forward to sharing more of my work this month! ---Jennifer

Supplies:
Stamps:  Samantha Walker Halloween Traditions Set (spiderwebs on tails, journal box, pumpkins, trick or treat sentiment) from Unity Stamp Co., May 2012 Kit of the Month (polariod frames) from Unity Stamp Co., Simple Stories Year.o.graphy (Oct. word) from Unity Stamp Co.
Ink:  Staz On Jet Black, Ranger Wild Honey Distress Ink
Papers:  Fancy Pants Trick or Treat Papers (Flying bats and RIP sheets)
Accessories:  Making Memories little alphabet letter stickers, Dienamics Fishtail dies, Stickles (orange and crystal), American Crafts Thickers (vinyl), Offray ribbon, Lifestyle crafts spider web die, Micheals rhinestone "Halloween" sticker, Prima flower, baker's twine from The Twinery




{Ippity} {Ippity}

Labels: , ,