Thursday, July 22, 2010

The LAST time we were in CHICAGO - Hip Hop was BORN!


Once upon a time....two years ago.
Unity traveled to Chicago.
2nd CHA Show.
one red truck.
one cargo trailer.
all kinds of dreams.

We pulled into the WINDY CITY - dropped the trailer off, took a deep breath & stepped one foot forward.
Christian, Me, Broman & Brooke.

First Stop.
the joint across the street from the hotel.
Gibsons.
No Problem. 
Let's toast in our future.
HA!
2 rounds, 4 people and $122 later...WHAT?ummmm...this show BETTER be a success.
{we decided to go back to our hotel for free happy hour instead....HA!}



This was a year for new friendships.  Jen Buck. It was the FIRST time we got to MEET HER! - She WON a trip from Unity to CHA Chigaco. WE LOVED HER from the first moment.  Still do, always will.
love you, jen buck. miss you!

Another Memory - CHA Chicago. 
My friend Brooke had NEVER met my friend/first DT Member,  AJ.  I was jumping out of my seat waiting for her arrival.  It was only the second time we got to hang out - and I knew in my heart of hearts that Brooke and AJ would LOVE one another....SURE ENOUGH....before the trip was over Brooke was ironing AJ's shirts and making her coffee. They hit it off and pretty much thought the world of one another.  Once again - HOORAY for new friendships.
i will miss you in Chicago, my friend. :(
This was the emporium of the Embassy Suites where the guys thought is was REALLY entertaining to shout HIP HOP in their screechy high man voices.  It caught on.  {obviously} We walked through the halls of the embassy in the wee evening putting out a HIP and a HOP.  We were BUSTED - the next day at the show we were called  "Late NIGHT TOE TAPPING Slugs" by one lovely gal - I will never forget THAT!
Of COURSE we were.  We had taken a limo downtown - when you are from SPICER, Minnesota....Downtown Chicago whispers your name in a significantly LOUD Tone.  How can you ignore THAT?! 
I love it!

...and then we have THIS BEAUTIFUL GIRL.
My Gina K. She has been 100% amazing to Chris and I. We absolutely adore her.  Rightfully so, she is all one would expect and much, much more. 
Can't wait to see her THIS YEAR in Chicago! :) 


We were a small NEW company.  Limited product and BIG Goals.  Jen Buck, AJ Otto, Ryan Broman, Brooke Lien, Mr. Unity, Me, and Chris's beautiful AUNTI KARA. 
We had THE BEST TIME! It was our first time UPSTAIRS with the "Big Guys" and thought we were "a big deal". 
Hey - ya THINK it, ya FEEL it, and BEFORE ya KNOW it.....


Nothing like polka dots & adorable girls with a couple glasses of VINO to make a FABULOUS memory.
Captured PERFECTLY right here. 


Home we go.  The back seat of Chris's truck was horrendously UNCOMFORTABLE, however being I had this amazing woman with me we made due - planning, giggling and KNOWING we had just experienced a pretty valuable amount of memories we would always treasure. 


So in a couple days we are OFF.  
Since CHICAGO 2 years ago there have been so many changes, so much growth.  New memories will be made, old memories will be cherished that much more.  

My heart is overwhelmed with emotions. 
Excitement.
Love.
Appreciation.
For all of those who have helped get Unity to where it is, to all of those who continue to put SO MUCH EFFORT into making our show a success, in so many different ways. 
 The long hours and the endless support is SO MUCH APPRECIATED.
Every single person that plays a part leaves me in awe.  
DEDICATION.
100%
Eryn, Andrea, Michelle, Broman, Julie, Eric, Nic, Luke, Tommy T, Jakers, Christian, Carrie, Clint, my Design Teams & my Artists....AND MY AMAZING CUSTOMERS!!!!!
i just need to say
THANK YOU from the BOTTOM of my HEART.
*************
in grand fashion - my TWO amazing Design Teams have worked up some MAGIC for you once again!
{ippity} & Unity Girls are HERE and CRAFTY.
Click the button below to START the adventure.
Looking forward to seeing each and every single one of you in CHICAGO if you are attending!  We will be there for the CHA Show and the SUPERSHOW! Come see us!!!
Booth #549





{Ippity} {Ippity}

22 comments:

AJ said...

oh man- that was a GREAT time! I was fine with not going until this post- sheeeesh-THANKS a lot boss!!
good times, and MANY more to come!

Julie Ranae said...

what a wonderful post, Angela! I can't wait to meet you this time around. As I read your post, I recalled the day I opened my first stamp store and it was the best time of my life! You came along just a few years after I closed my doors to take care of family and NOW I am back into this CrAzy business and loving it again!

Angie Blom said...

Oh How wonderful.. love you sharing such memories.. Have a ton of FUN.. safe travels. Can't wait to see the pics and hear the stories of your adventure.. YEar ThReE..Hip Hop Lives ON!! Let Chicago know you are in town!!hehe

Toni K said...

Have a blast. Congrats on all of the success. You deserve it!

Brooke said...

what a fabulous little trip down memory lane.. we did have THE BEST time in Chicago... i know i will never forget it!
thanks for having me along for the ride as Unity took off and BECAME A HUGE DEAL!!!
i wish you a smooth and successful show next week.. which i know it will be.. i will be @ home sending a MILLION POSITIVE VIBES your way {and probably crying on the phone while i talk to AJ about us not being there.. ha!}
GO UNITY!!!!!!!!!!!! <3

Lisa H. said...

oh,Angela you know how to tug at my heart strings. love your posts like this, makes me all warm and fuzzy and totally makes me want to be there more than I thought. One, day, one day I will finally meet all you great people that make Unity, Unity! have a great show!

StampinCathy said...

What a great post down memory lane. I just know this CHA will even be more exciting and more memories. I won't be there, but I'll for sure be there in spirit. Better go hopping to see all the magic today.

Lillian Child said...

So much success in so little time - you must be pinching yourselves! Has it been two years? WOW! Good things really do happen to good people - and your company seems to surround itself with GREAT people! Have fun at CHA !!

Lacey said...

Thanks for the story! Congrats on your wonderful success and many many more successes to come. I'm slightly jealous because now I want to join in on the Unity CHA fun!! HAHA Keep us posted from the Windy City, have a blast making new wonderful amazing memories!!

NoraAnne said...

Okay, let me dry my tears first before I can go hip hopping! What an awesome post and I am so happy for your success and know there is so much more to come! Unity has done amazing things in two years and I am glad to have discovered your happy little company when I did! Good luck next week and have a GREAT time!

Maria Levine said...

WOO HOO!! You are amazing! Love hearing your story. I know I wasn't there but I remember reading all about it back then! Unity rocks you guys are the next big there, look out world. At some point I need to get my butt to CHA! I think they need a new city to have it in, NYC perhaps? LOL! I can dream right? Because then I'd be there with bells on for sure!

THANKS! for all the great stamps, new friends, fun new "role", LOVE LOVE IT ALL! So happy to be a little part of Unity! LOVE IT! Take lots of pictures next week, so we can all feel like we are there! Good luck!

Maria Gurnsey said...

I didn't think it was possible to me MORE excited...can't wait :)

lana said...

Absolutely loved reading this post! I love that unity is near and dear to everyone's hearts.
Thanks

marilyn said...

LOVE this story!! So glad you had this dream and worked to make it come true. Love your stamps and all of the people associated with Unity and Ippity. AMAZING!!! Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Hope to see you all there
next Friday. Just love your
stamps.

Theresa Kmieciak

Teri A said...

I loved your story so wish I could go next week have fun

Teri

Margaret de Witt said...

I'm sure this year will be an incredible time for you again with so many new memories.

Suz said...

you sure have come a long way in a short time... I'm so happy for you. Wishing all your dreams come true now and always.

Safe travel & have fun (I will miss going this time so I need all the dish - make sure you share all the details)

Kimmarie Baker said...

Great memories for you all. look at you now! off to hop!

Aleks said...

Awww, that was so incredibly sweet! You put so much love into your work! <3

Ola said...

I love this post.... THIS is why I love Unity so much!!! You all are like family & treat your customers like family also!!!

Thank you so much for all that you do!!!

~Ola
okj83 at live dot com

kim.mom said...

Wish I was going to CHA!!!

Post a Comment

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required
Close