Monday, February 22, 2010

Same Supplies, different cards

Happy Monday!  In my neck of the woods, we had beautiful weather over the weekend, which was refreshing and much needed.  I am ready to start seeing flowers bloom, barbeque-ing outside, and taking bike rides with my children.  Spring is coming and I am very excited about that!
Today, I am showing you two cards, using the same stamps & paper, but one is a little more simple than the other.  Not all stampers and paper crafters have all of the latest and greatest tools, especially people new to this hobby.  I remember the frustration seeing a beautiful card, but not able to create it, from lack of supplies.  Question?  Why do we make cards?  To send them right?!  I love making fancy cards, but the ones I mail out, usually are pretty simple.  The only difference in supplies in the two cards, is that I added ribbon to the first one.

Supplies used:
Feb Kit of the month
Cosmo Cricket Material Girl paper
Ivory card stock
Copic markers
satin ribbon
black pearls
Spellbinders labels die
foam tape





Supplies used:
February Kit of the Month
Cosmo Cricket Material Girl paper
Copic markers
black pearls




{Ippity}
{Ippity}

12 comments:

Merilee Lane, Where Life is But a Dream said...

These are both adorable! I love the colors and textures you've used. Thanks for inspiring me! :o)

Lisa H. said...

wow! Latisha! these are both so FAbby! it's nice to stick to the basics sometimes.

BonnieRose said...

Love them both.. and u are right.. I tend to make my cards more flat these days... easier to mail out to friends/family.. the bumpy cards are harder to mail.. more $!!

This is a great post.. just shows ya how u can make a beautiful card with just some paper, some great stamps and colored markers.. way to go!

Crafty Lou said...

Hi!these are just so so lovely,love all of the crafty creations.Fab Blog too,Lou.xx

Ramsey said...

love them, latisha! i LOVE the simple stuff!

Kelly Landers said...

Both are really great cards Latisha!! I would be so happy to receive either one!! I love the bright red against the white and green!! Gorgeous!!

AJ said...

Fabby cards Latisha!! I LOVE LOVE them both!!!

Mary Friederichsen said...

Love them both! "Sometimes simple is better" is what my daughter is always telling me in regards to my cards.To many details and the cards don't get mailed out in time!lol.Thank you for the inspiration and the reaffirmation that sometimes simple is pretty awesome too!

stampjourney said...

What a great post! I love seeing two different looks with the same stamp set! Thanks for being aware that we don't all have the latest and greatest, but that we can do a lot with just the basics. Have a great day1

Jen said...

Latisha, thanks for reminding me that fabulous can be easy! These are both wonderful cards, and your creativity to show the difference of one embellie is fabulous! Your awesome!

Carla aka scrappypug said...

I was so happy to see this.. sometimes I get so frustrated because I can't make my cards look like some I see and don't have unlimited supplies and budget! They are both beautiful and I love the comparison!

Beate said...

They are both Beautiful!!!

Post a Comment

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required
Close