Subbing during CHA...

Good morning Unity Peeps!

Christi here with you today...

Almost the whole Unity crew is out in California for the Craft & Hobby Association show, so the few of us that are left are going to be blogging for you here on the Unity blog this week.

While I am totally jealous of those out in California, I am working through it by getting inky using my all-new Unity stamp kits that are being released there this week. ;o)

So today, I have a card to share with you using that adorable Could I be Any Cuter kit (the link takes you to the wholesale ordering section of the website. It won't be available for retail sale until sometime after CHA ends.)

I love the style of the sentiments of this kit. The script gives it a more personal look to it that I love. For the butterfly, I stamped it onto the yellow patterned paper, cut it out, shaded its wings using watercolor pencils, and then added a bit of bling for its body (you can never really have too much bling can you? hehe.)

Supplies used:
*Unity Stamp Co. Could I Be Any Cuter
*October Afternoon Farm Fresh paper collection
*Nestabilities Labels diecut
*Martha Stewart ribbon
*Fiskars border punch
*watercolor pencils (shading on butterfly)
*Making Memories bling chipboard
*Palette Burnt Umber inkpad
*Zig writer (detail lines around the diecut)
*flat backed gems (butterfly body)

And because this is Angela's blog, you know that I have to leave you with a quote.

Teresa Otto posted this one on Facebook this morning
and I thought that it was perfect for today....

Art is running away
without ever having to leave home.

Have a great weekend everyone!!!