Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Watchout Wednesday - Valerie Stangle, The Great!

I love this gal! I just love her...
Valerie Stangle...you are the best!
I met Valerie for the first time at Winter CHA 2008 at the ScorePal Booth. She was so supportive and sweet. Val was a splendid calming affect (help val! is it effect or affect? yikes) for all my nerves and anticipation of the show.
I am a frequent visitor of Val's blog. I love her style. It is clean, trendy, and simply amazing. She has very specific attention to detail and I am consistently amazed. Never a dull visit, I can tell you that much! Thanks Val for all the daily inspiration! Love your style!


Unity's "Love is Toxic"

A little bit about Stampin Gal Val:

I am happily married and have 3 kids.....*grin*
Born and raised San Diegan, the oldest fraternal twin by 5 minutes, and have been crafty ever since I could pick up a crayon. Stamping found me almost 6 years ago and it was over, I found the medium I love to create with and haven't looked back since.

{What kind of books do you like?}
I read all genres of books; I just finished Twilight by Stephenie Meyer and am currently knee deep in Scotland and time travel in a book titled Outlander by Diana Gabaldon.
{What inspires you when you create?}
Mmmm, so many things from how I am feeling and the mood I want to convey to the pillows in a catalog to a display at the store. Often times I just see the project finished in my head and just go for it!
{Favorite Quotes?}
I don't really have a favorite one per se , but this one speaks to me so I think it is worth sharing:
"Be glad of life because it gives you the chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars."
Henry Van Dyke

Thanks Val, for spending some time at Unity!
If you would like to see more Unity Projects by the talented Val click HERE.
Fun Stuff!



In other Unity News:
What does this CHICKEN.....


....and this CHICK have in common?
{To read more about the cool Unity DT Member Jen Erickson click HERE.}

THIS months PUBLICATION of Simple Scrapbooks!!!
They are both featured in this months Simple Scrapbooks!
How fun is that?

A little BLOG TREAT TODAY!
I am sure it will not surprise you to know that I have ONE EXTRA COPY of this months issue of Simple Scrapbooks! So leave a little comment below on today's BLOG POST and I will send you the FAMOUS CHICKEN STAMP, and A COPY OF THIS MONTHS ISSUE OF Simple Scrapbooks!

______________________


"....can I get a little HiP HoP!?"
Thursday is HIP HOP Day at Unity in the Splitcoast Forum!
Join us all day for Inspiration, Prizes and FUN, FUN, FUN!
I have SURPRISES in store for you....you won't want to miss it!

Enjoy your day!



56 comments:

Kim said...

Don't have this "chick" yet. Love it!! Looking forward to Hip Hop Thursdays!!

Kerry A said...

Congratulations to Jen and Unity for being published! I can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve for Hip Hop Thursday! :)

Jess said...

Beautiful stuff from Val, congrats Jen and Unity on the publication! How exciting! Love the chicken!

Zarah said...

Wohoo! Congrats!!

I'm totally hoping for luck now - becauise I am inbetween subscriptions on that magazine! :D

(But I don't know I am allowed to enter, since I am in Sweden?)

AJ said...

Wooot!!! LOVE that chick, the chicken, and still need to get that magazine!!!
;)

yea Unity!

awendybird said...

Congrats to you all!! Lovely projects!

Cookingmama said...

Congrats on getting published in Simple. I would love a copy and that bird is calling my name!

Michelle (aka mybelle101) said...

Woo Hoo!! I'm a huge fan of Valerie's, and when I saw that set made with the Love is Toxic set, I just about died! How cute is that?!? At the time I said it'd be great for a teen, but HELLO...I'd love it, too ;)

Huge CONGRATS, Jen!! That is so awesome :) I love that bird, and I bet you did something just *awesome* with her ;)

JenMarie said...

I love Val's work!
Congrats to Jen!!! Woo Hoo!

Regan said...

would I love that chicken..uh...YES!!! Congrats Jen- you rock!

CC said...

Congrats!
ConnieC

Valerie said...

Thanks, Angela! *mwah*

I can't wait to see you guys again!

V.~

Kimmie said...

oh how cute. I dont get that magazine either!

MichelleSG said...

Cute chick Chick!!

Harley Dee said...

Wonderful! I love SS but don't have a subscription, and that chicky is so cute!! :D

Tiffany Johnson said...

That's awesome! CONGRATS for being published Jen!

Maria Levine said...

Love your stuff Valerie!!

OHH, cute chick and congrats to Jen for being in Simple Scrapbooks! Thanks so much for a chance to win.

Can't wait for Hip Hop Thursday!!

Karen said...

I have both, but I just wanted to give you a 'HIP HOP'!!

Angela said...

Gorgeous chicken! Congrats to Jen! And I love to visit Val's blog, too!

I'll have to check out this Hip Hop Day...

Vickilyn said...

Congrats to all three of you! (that includes the chick!) I love that chick and Simple Scrapbooks! Thanks for the opportunity and the inspiration!

Vicki

Yaritza said...

Wow how generous of you. Love the stamp. Thanks for the chance to win. Hip HiP Hop!!!

Nettie said...

Love the Chicken congrats Jen! I too really enjoy Val's stuff.

Nettie

stephanie niavez said...

Man!!! I knew that Chicken was part of one of the sets I wanted to order but forgot to order the other day. So, I guess I really need to win him so I can get 'em sooner. You're the best, Angela!

Stephanie said...

Val's projects are so cute!! What a cute stamp too.

artfulwhimsies said...

love all the ideas!! and that little chicken is way too cute~ i would love to have him in my collectin, and the mag too? how exciting!!!

HapEMomE said...

Thanks so much for posting Val's blog! I am so excited to check it out! Her cards posted here are so adorable! :) Love that stamp! Thanks for the opportunity! Be back soon! I love Unity!
~Chelsea

Brandi W. said...

Love Val's projects, they totally rock!! That chick is so adorable! Thanks for the chance to win!

..feli.. said...

congrats for the publication! :)

Ruth said...

congrats jen and unity, you both rock.

Chris said...

Great cards! I LOVE that little chickie! Sooo cute!

Heather said...

Val's cards are fabulous!!!! Love that chicken stamp :) Can't wait to see what Jen has in common with it! Congrats to Jen and Unity for making it into the magazine!!!!! I'll have to check it out ASAP!!!!

Jillisgram said...

Such cute cards and I love the chicken stamp. Thanks for the chance to win!

stampinc said...

How exciting to be published. Hip Hop Thursday! Sounds like a great time....prizes....Inspiration....FUN...Sounds like a stampers dream world.

Jean said...

Wonderful cards and projects. Congrats on the Simple Scrapbooks publishings.

cinmfoster said...

Cute stamps and congrats. Thanks for the chance.
Cindy F.

Hysteri-CAL said...

Why can't we get these mags over here ?? Looks fabby !

Jenna Franklin said...

Both those chicks are just too cool!

Micki said...

I Looovvvveee Val! I also met her at CHA in Chicago for the first time and she made me feel like part of the gang!

uuuhhhooohhh, love the chicks..... and am excitedly looking forward to the SOTM kit.... just love your stamps!!!!!

jules p said...

You are always so sweet to share your stuff. You are too kind. I like the way the little chick is made of flowers.
Jen..I love your work too!

Jeanne S said...

That chick is just too stinkin' cute!

Janet said...

Wow--what a cute bird! Congrats on being published!

Cheri Mosgrove said...

Good job on being published! Unity is going great guns!! Thanks for the chance to win the cute chick. . . she would be so happy in my home!!! :-)

Kathy said...

My gal pal Jen from scrap-a-latte.net in Simple Scrapbooks?! let's get a Hip Hop!!

Congrats to Unity and Jen!
Kathy

Ashley said...

Yay for Jen! What a fun time at Unity!

Jenn said...

Way to go on getting published. :)

Angie said...

Congratulations on being published! That chick is adorable. If I won it I would want to color it as my "chick of many colors" and have all the flowers be different colors!

Justme said...

VERY nice new ORIGINAL styles and techniques. I love them!
Donna
donnalb@newsguy.com

Char-The Mad Shopper said...

Congrats on being published. Love that chicken.

stampinc said...

This is some giveaway. Congrats on being published.

Pegg S said...

Exciting to see that published! Love that stamp!!

Linda said...

Congrats Unity & Jen. I would LOVE to add that "Chick" to my collection, and to get that issue of SS. Thanks for a chance!!

SueB said...

I've got to agree w you on Val's clean, crisp style of cards! Thanx for the inspiration and chance at t'riffic blog candy!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this chicken stamp....can think of lots and lots of uses....mollykathleenbarry@hotmail.com

Jess said...

Congrats on the publication! I love Val's projects with the stamps. So cute!

Lori said...

Congrats! That chicken stamp is stinkin' cute! Thanks!

DeeDee said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! How exciting to see your work in print!!! OMGosh that's a Ca-ute chicken stamp....I love it!!!

Post a Comment

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required
Close