Tuesday, February 26, 2008

16! WHAT?! You want to drive WHERE?!

* being your mom is DELIGHTFUL!*
I put this layout together quickly at the end of the work day. Just a little time to meditate and create as my mind comes to terms with a certain boy taking his driving test in the morning. On the bottom right of my layout you can take a peek into the past. In 1992 my first son arrived. He quickly became the center of my world (as you can see in the photo above.) 3 year later, his brothers followed and it was clear that one of my favorite purposes in life is clearly that of "mother". People often cringe when I tell them I have 4 children and then add "all boys". Me...I know that it was a perfect plan by the good Lord above. Boys love their mama...plain and simple. In our home - it is evident, they are so good to me. Blessed indeed.
Paper: My Minds Eye, Making Memories Brads, Martha Stewart ind, Unity Stamp "Delightful", Brackets and Pinwheels. Brackets are part of the "Amazing Me" set and the pinwheel is from "Greatest of Friends".

21 comments:

Karen said...

This LO really came together. Love the colors!

Unity Stamp Company said...

Thanks Karen! See you in the morning! Love your blog! I am looking into changing mine up a bit!

Laura said...

Girl, you are so completely gorgeous and photogenic! every picture i see of you, i think GOSH Angela is beautiful!!!! and SO is this LAYOUT!!!!! so so sweet. makes me feel a little weepy about my three-year-old!!! good luck tomorrow!

Unity Stamp Company said...

Your sweet...a sincere thank you, Laura. I used to have people tell me ALL THE TIME..it goes so fast, cherish every moment, like when they grow up it is "over" - so I did cherish the moment, and I still do. With 100% honesty I will say that I LOVED it when they were little, but I still LOVE it as they grow into their own. Just enjoy.

Shannan Teubner said...

My oldest just turned 8, and I am sooo not looking forward to that driving day! What a sweet boy!

Christi Snow said...

Oh wow! Good luck to your son on his test!! This layout is just gorgeous...I love that photo of the two of you. He looks like his mom. smiles...

Brooke said...

yay nic!! so proud. :) and yes angela you can let his brothers ride with him. HAVE FAITH. ;)
see ya tomorrow nite.

Brooke said...

oh yeah.. forgot to say.. LOVE how the layout ended up. nice job girl. you are IN THE GROOVE again.. ;)

Nardi said...

Congratulations on scrapping such a milestone in both of your lives. Lovely LO!

Aimee said...

What an awesome layout... great job.

Dianna said...

You couldn't have been more than 5 when you gave birth...You can't possibly have a 16yr old!

Great layout~I always love a little flashback :)

Congrats on your success*!*

Danyelle Kessler said...

That is precious memory and a fabulous layout. I like your blog tunes too! Handsome guy....is he getting a new car too?

Heidi said...

Isn't that the truth?! Boys are so different that girls and I have no doubt that my son will protect me from anything he can! Sweet layout!

Veronica said...

Your layout looks great!! I love the papers and colors!

Lizette said...

Your layouts are gorgeous ! Great blog too.

Paper Princess said...

Angela..that pic. is so sweet! What a great fam. you have- a true blessing!!!

Michele Zwart said...

The paper and colors are beautiful. I love the way you included both photos. And, oh how scary....driving! Eeeek!

art-girl said...

Great layout, love how you combined past & present photos.

erinkmckinney (stampininthesun) said...

What a great scrap page! You have a beautiful family!

*I really want that cute floral bird stamp, too :) !

Carolyn King said...

What an awesome page---from the dp to the photos..outstanding!

Carla said...

Oh, this layout and post made me well up! I have a soon-to-be 17yo, and his driving still freaks me out! I have all boys, like you, and they are separated a lot in age: almost 17, 14 & 4!! I wouldn't have it any other way-mothers of sons are truly blessed!

Post a Comment

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required
Close